Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How and Why I started

In August of 2010 I weighed 225 and was 22% body fat. Now that isn't too bad considering the nations average and the obesity charts we can look up now.  According to those charts I was a 5ft 11in Male in the average zone between 18-24%. I was a 19 year old kid who did not at all feel average though. I unfortunately do not have any photos when I was at my heaviest but I do however have four photos that were taken when I was at 210. I took these photos because I wanted to look like the 290x guys and success stories that we all see on TV late at night. The problem with these programs is that when you are over weight and aren't use to working out or doing cardio the videos whether they say go at your own pace or not make you feel worse then you already did. Having to constantly pause the tapes or not completing the same repetitions as the guys and girls on the video can make it very frustrating. So after a month of trying the videos I gave up not seeing the improvement on my body that I had wished to see. My alternative came to me from a sibling rivalry from my oldest sister. She and her husband had completed a marathon about a year before and I had just gotten back from a trip with them were I saw that they had changed their whole eating and living habits many months after the race. On the car ride home I made a promise to myself that I was going to start running to complete a pipe dream marathon goal by my 21st birthday. The Journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment